If you have a career interest in book publishing and are looking to gain some experience in the field, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the profile(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Please make sure to include your contact details; a brief CV with educational qualifications, work experience and subject areas of interest; a covering letter telling us why you are interested in interning with Tulika Books and detailing your suitability for the profiles you have chosen.
- Duration: minimum 8-10 weeks, maximum 16-20 weeks
- Full-time: Five days a week, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm
- A small honorarium to cover local transport is available
Please look at the profiles below and apply for the one(s) you are interested in.
Developing marketing strategies, both online and offline, for selected titles
Managing despatch of review copies to journals/newspapers/magazines
Creating and disseminating advance information sheets and other promotional/publicity material
- Social Media
Writing posts for ‘Tulika Books’ Facebook page, online blog/newsletter
- Reviewing manuscripts and preparing reader’s reports
- Assisting in copy-editing and proof-reading
- Liaising with authors
- Seeing a book through the pre-press (design, typesetting) and print production processes
- Liaising with designers and printing presses
- Creating costing sheets and pricing sheets